I can now die a happy librarian
Please bury me with: the ratty Eeyore stuffed animal my father gave me when I was 11, my Eeyore Tsum Tsum mug, my pretty copy of Jane Eyre, and a picture of my monkey fiancé (he can choose which one, I’m not picky, he looks great in all of them). I also would like to be wearing my Eeyore onesie and my engagement ring. Did I ever mention I love all things Eeyore (it’s a sickness)? If I didn’t you probably know now.
HA! All joking aside, I was nominated yesterday by my fellow blogger at Nerd Thoughts Blog (and secret new BFF – shhh don’t tell she doesn’t know it yet!) for the Awesome Sauce Award, because apparently I am awesome sauce. *Happy Dance*
SO I am going to follow my nomination with the appropriate steps .
THANKS SO MUCH
Jennifer, even if I don’t really win anything other than bragging rights, being called awesome sauce makes my day, so thank you.
The awesome sauce award, in my own words
The awesome sauce award, to me, is an award to someone who is currently winning at life by oozing with awesomeness. ‘Nuff said.
- If you could buy ONE item RIGHT now, what would it be? The Fate of the Tearling by Erika Johansen, because I can’t wait to find out what happens next (although a slice of pizza came in as a close second, because I am pretty hungry right now)
- If you were to write a book what would you write about? I can’t/won’t tell you for the simple fact that I am in the midst of attempting to write my very first novel right now *le gasp* and don’t want to give anything away just yet
- Would you recover a friendship with someone that you have lost contact with? No, and before you condemn me to the lowest pits of hell, let me explain why – if any one thought I was worth keeping in contact with, they would have made it a point to not lose contact with me in the first place, and vice-versa. In our day and age, where technology facilitates communication across continents, all it takes is a few seconds to type a few words to let someone know you are thinking of them. I do understand, life gets in the way, but even a little smiley face now and then to let someone know you are thinking of them is enough (it is the thought that counts, after all). Call me a cynic, and perhaps I’ve been burned by too many people in the past, but that’s how I see things. Now, don’t get me wrong – if the person reaches out to me, I will never turn them away either.
- What are you currently listening to that you’re slightly embarrassed about? I’ve been reliving my teenage angst years by listening to the music I used to listen to at the time – mainly emo/screamo (My Chemical Romance, The Used, Alexisonfire, Underoath, etc.). I wouldn’t really say I’m embarrassed by the music so much as how melodramatic I was at that age (it really felt like the whole world was against me and everything was falling apart, I swear!). This music really spoke to me.
- What life goal have you recently accomplished? I finished school, found jobs in my field, moved out, got engaged, started this blog – I’ve accomplished a bunch!
- If you could provide a piece of advice to give to the world, what would it be? Well, with everything that’s been going on lately, can you blame me for telling the world that it needs to end the hate and just focus on love for the time being? That if we don’t look past hue/language/age/gender/sexual orientation/religion we will never progress towards change?
- What are your dreams usually about (your literal dreams or your life dreams)? My fiancé and family. Of them dying or leaving. I literally had this crazy dream the other night where my fiancé cheated on me. It felt so real that when I woke up the next morning I was mad at him! I was telling him “I know it’s not your fault and it was just a dream but I really don’t like you right now!” Hahaha! I’m ridiculous, sorry.
- What could the world really take advantage of when it comes to media, life, the world in general? I’m not really sure I understand what this question is asking, but I’ll interpret it in my own way. I think the world should take advantage of the recent events that have taken place lately (Nice, #blacklivesmatter movement, Lebanon, Orlando, etc.) to institute change – whether it be equal rights, stricter gun control laws, or providing help in countries in need. Social media has helped greatly to increase awareness, we can now find out what is happening around the world at the click of a button. But we all need to get more involved and help to change the world for the better. I know, easier said than done, but it still needs to be said.
- When you get home in the evening from work or school, what helps you relax? (Beside booze, we all know that helps). Reading a book, duh!
- You just discovered you can teleport on will, where do you go? EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did you know that this was the one super power I wished I could have? The list keeps getting bigger: South Africa, Thailand, Hawaii, Bali, New Orleans, Fiji, Tahiti, Australia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Italy, Greece, England, Kenya, Costa Rica…. to work….
The Rules (ripped right off the Nerd Sauce Blog, 2016)
- Thank the person who has awarded you this awesome award, or don’t and be a jerk.
- Explain what the awesome sauce award IS (use my description or make your own!).
- Answer the questions.
- Copy and Paste the rules
- Tag the bloggers you think qualify for this award!
- Have fun with it!
As I am fairly new to this, and haven’t gotten to know all of you very well yet, my nominations list will be a little short (sorry!)
Jennifer at Wood Elf Adventures, am I allowed to nominate you right back or is that cheating? Because I dig you and what you’re doing, just saying.
nannygrannie, because she is a fellow book lover, writes wonderful reviews and daughter of a librarian (so you know the awesome is in her genes).
Samantha at CrossFit Virgin, because you try doing a squat snatch too and live to tell about it (I’m a fellow survivor, I should know).
As you can see, I have had fun with it.
So, without further ado, to you my follow bloggers, hop onto the wagon and get to nominating! 😀
The Struggling Librarian